Updated: Dec 31st, 2019
While providing our Service, we may collect information about our customers’ users on behalf of our customers. Our use of this information is governed by our agreement with the applicable customer and the customer’s privacy policies. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies or privacy practices of our customers or any other third parties.
Information That You Provide To Us. Instabug collects the information you voluntarily submit to the Service when you register for an account: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment-related information (credit card number, physical address, etc.). We also collect Personal Data that is entered on our Site or is sent to us electronically when you request information, including a product demo, register for a webinar or other event, complete any “free text” boxes in our forms (for example, support request or survey submission). More, we may collect Personal Data disclosed by you on our forums, blogs and our other areas of the Service to which you can post information and materials.
Information Received From Third-Party Services. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a third-party service or sign-in services such as OAuth (for example, login with a GitHub or Google account), these services will authenticate a user’s identity and provide the user with the option to share certain Personal Data, such as name and email address(es), with us.
Automatically Collected Data. Whenever you interact with the Service, we automatically receive and store certain types of information including information that your browser automatically sends. Such information may include the user's IP address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site), domain server, and type of Internet browser.
- Provide the Service: Your Personal Data will be used primarily to provide you with the Service, contact you regarding your access and use of the Service and/or the Site or to notify you of important changes to the Service. Such use is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- For certain legitimate business purposes :
· improve the Service and develop new products, services, and features ;
· to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
· to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested information or materials;
· to prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks;
· if you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
· to (a) comply with legal obligations and legal process, (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) enforce our terms and conditions ; (d) protect our operations; (e) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (f) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Marketing. We may use your contact details to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you, upcoming events or other promotions. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future marketing communications. Note however that as a user of our services you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to the Service, such as billing or service notifications. Moreover, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
Where required by applicable law (for example, if you are an individual in the EU), we will only send you marketing information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you or by contacting us as indicated below.
Instabug only shares Personal Data with other companies or individuals outside of Instabug in the following circumstances:
- You've shared your information as a result of giving feedback within an application using the Service. We only share this information with the developer of the application, in order to assist you and the developer in communicating.
- Instabug, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions: website analytics companies, providers of digital advertising services, our hosting and cloud computing service providers, providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions, providers of billing and processing payments functions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific functions. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- Protection of Instabug and Others: We may release Personal Data when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Instabug, our employees, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information according to the applicable law.
Scope. This section applies if you are a user in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway).
Data Controller. Instabug, Inc. is the data controller for processing Personal Data provided to us through the Service. To find out our registered office, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights concerning your Personal Data:
Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we share your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restrictions on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data – unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns. You can find here the contact details of EU data protection authorities.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt-out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
Instabug is based in the United States. If you are accessing our Service from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers in the United States and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). The United States may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection where it is processed and your rights continue to be protected. For information that we process on behalf of our customers, we have implemented appropriate contractual provisions (including, for data collected from the EU, standard contractual clauses for data transfers) to ensure adequate protection for your Personal Data. Please contact us if you have any questions about the safeguards that we implement when we transfer your Personal Data.
We take care to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction, through appropriate security measures. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Data.
You can contact us by email at privacy@Instabug.com, or our mailing address below:
564 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94104